Gluten Free No-Knead Bread
This delicious no-knead bread is soft on the inside, with airy holes and a crispy crust.
- SERVINGS One 14 oz loaf (405 g)
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 60 minutes
- PASSIVE TIME 16-22 hours
- 1 cup Warm Water, 110°F (240 mL)
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour (204 g)
- 4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar. Stir well and set aside to proof. This will take about 5 minutes.
- While yeast is proofing, combine flour, xanthan gum and salt in a large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- When yeast is ready, pour it into the flour mixture and stir well, until a dough forms. The dough will be soft and slightly sticky, but form into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 12-18 hours in a draft-free place.
- Next, sprinkle dough with baking powder, and with a spoon or rubber spatula, stir the dough well to knock out any air and form back into a ball. Cover and rest for 1 ½-2 hours. It will rise a bit, but not necessarily double in size. When the rise time is almost done, place a covered cast iron pan or Dutch oven into the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- When you’re ready to bake, lower temperature to 400°F, gently roll the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and place both in the heated pot. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 200°F.
- Allow to cool for about 2 hours, then slice and enjoy!