Chocolate and orange has to be one of favorite chocolate bar flavors, the deep richness of the cacao, cut with the tart flavor of the fruit combining to create a wonderful refreshing sweetness. This smoothie of course has none of the bad stuff inside, and packs a whopping protein punch using the Purition Chocolate flavored wholefood shake as a base.
- 3 Frozen bananas
- 1 cup Rude Health Almond Milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 whole peeled orange (make sure there are no seeds)
- 1 tsp orange rind
- 1 packet of Purition Chocolate flavored protein powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- Freeze your bananas the night before!
- Begin by grating the orange rind after thoroughly washing the orange
- Then peel the orange and separate it into its slices and feel each slice for the presence of seeds, remove these seeds if they are present
- Add the frozen bananas, orange, almond milk and water to the blender and blend until smooth
- Add the protein powder, orange rind and extra cacao powder and blend again until everything is mixed through
- Add more/less liquid depending on the smoothie consistency you desire