Chocolate Orange Protein Smoothie
Chocolate and orange has to be one of favorite chocolate bar flavors, the deep richness of the cacao, cut with the tart flavor of the fruit combining to create a wonderful refreshing sweetness. This smoothie of course has none of the bad stuff inside, and packs a whopping protein punch using the Purition Chocolate flavored wholefood shake as a base.
- 3 Frozen bananas
- 1 cup Rude Health Almond Milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 whole peeled orange (make sure there are no seeds)
- 1 tsp orange rind
- 1 packet of Purition Chocolate flavored protein powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- Freeze your bananas the night before!
- Begin by grating the orange rind after thoroughly washing the orange
- Then peel the orange and separate it into its slices and feel each slice for the presence of seeds, remove these seeds if they are present
- Add the frozen bananas, orange, almond milk and water to the blender and blend until smooth
- Add the protein powder, orange rind and extra cacao powder and blend again until everything is mixed through
- Add more/less liquid depending on the smoothie consistency you desire